Much has been made of the plight of Flint residents
whose water is undrinkable. And everyone, it seems, is quick to point a
finger at whoever they think is to blame. Operation Living Water exists
not to lay blame at anyone’s feet, but simply to address a problem in
our community that needs addressing.
There are a number of ways you can participate in Operation Living Water:
• for those hurting and in need of clean water
• that government authorities would have wisdom in addressing this situation
• that we would be effective in our efforts to assist and not just reduplicate the efforts of others
• that the love of Christ would shine brightly through us and that people would be drawn to him
2) Donate water.
3) Help distribute water.
4) Help install water filters.
5) Give financially. Donations
can be sent to Calvary Presbyterian Church at 6100 Richfield Rd.,
Flint, MI 48506. Please note "LIVING WATER" in the memo section of your
check. (100% of funds designated for Operation Living Water will go to assisting those households in need as a result of the Flint water crisis.)
As the situation evolves, there will no doubt be more and different needs that present themselves. Our prayer is that we would be able to identify those needs and respond to them with the love of Christ.
In addition to this ministry, the EPC has established an emergency relief fund to assist with the Flint water crisis. We will partner with our sister church Peace Presbyterian Church in overseeing disbursements from this fund. Donations can be made to that fund online by clicking here and then clicking on Emergency Relief and Flint Water Crisis Relief (341) in the drop down boxes.